Mustang-242

Mapping one command to two separate controllers

I've had a search for this but couldn't find anything conclusive.

It does not seem to be possible, but I'd like to map the "zoom in" and "zoom out" commands to two separate controllers simultaneously:

• The up/down rocker switch on my Saitek yoke, for use when flying around with TrackIR.
  • The shoulder buttons on my PS3 Controller (emulated as an Xbox 360 controller) for use with general camera movement and manipulation.

I use the PS3 controller for smoothly flying the camera around with the two joysticks, and would like to be able to change the zoom without having to let go to grab the yoke. Likewise, when flying with hands on the controls, I don't want to have to let go of the yoke to use zoom keys on a PS3 controller. I think a fair few people use a spare controller for camera movements, so this doesn't seem like an uncommon type of request.

ChasePlane has three assignment categories per command, but each is exclusive as far as I can tell:

• One keyboard input
  • One controller button input
  • One controller axis

I've just had an idea as I'm writing this. I could use Xpadder to emulate a keyboard key for the zoom options on one of my controllers, that would probably work. But it would be nice if it was possible directly in CP already. There are other commands I could double-up on. It wouldn't work so well for an axis command as two twitchy controllers might 'fight' for control, but for button commands it should be OK.

Nevertheless, are there any plans to allow key bindings for multiple controllers per command? I realise it might upset the feng shui of the interface a little bit 😆.

(Oh, and having recently chosen X-Plane as my next sim after FSX, I do hope to see ChasePlane migrate within the next year. Just to add my +1!)

Many thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 4/18/2019 at 7:28 AM, Mustang-242 said:

(Oh, and having recently chosen X-Plane as my next sim after FSX, I do hope to see ChasePlane migrate within the next year. Just to add my +1!)

+1