Sign in to follow this  
ted757

P3dv4.5 most difficult CTD ever.

Means nothing.  Removing the Carenado Commander does not remove many gauges and modules loaded by the dll.xml.  Here are two entries loaded by the dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK, I restored the Commander. 

Not sure what you want me to do with "the two entries loaded by the dll.xml".  I'm sorry to be so thick on this but I,m in fairly unknown stuff now.  I have a Windows media thumb drive ready to do a "clean Install" of Windows if necessary.

Again, thanks for taking your time to help on this!

T

Think that is your only option.   I still say you have a problem with one of the dll.xml's or an add-on installation but it may be too difficult for you to fix. A complete reinstall of Windows and install of P3DV4 seems the best solution now.  Several years ago I had to reinstall Windows several times to fix problems.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Thanks again for your help, I've learned a lot.  Will do the clean install route.

This issue is closed.

Ted

Edited by ted757

Good luck my friend!

Submit News to AVSIM

On 4/25/2019 at 7:27 AM, Jim Young said:

Is there a dll.xml in the same folder as the scenery.cfg?  This is the default one.  If you have any Carenado default aircraft, this xml would load the Carenado modules and I have seen issues with these every so often.

Are! ---- Thank you @Jim Young that DLL was the reason for my CTD's when I installed  the latest Client for v4.5.

If I switched back to the only other I had (4.4) everything worked - now to find the culprit.

By default, there are two Carenado dll's that load in the dll.xml loaded in the same folder as your scenery.cfg -  the CMeteoXml (there weather radar) and Carenavigraph (handles Navigraph).  In my experiences, the CMeteoXml will crash P3D if you loaded any heavy weather.  Evidently it cannot handle it.  Anyone can try this scenario to crash their sim if they want.  At first I thought it was ASP4 and submitted a trouble-ticket then got to thinking about the CMeteoXml and disabled it in the dll.xml and crashes stopped.  The Wash DC area had a tropical storm heading over the area and I decided to try a flight out of Dulles International.  Got an immediate crash when I loaded my CS757.  So the weather must be nasty.

Some Carenado aircraft are installed in P3D4 by default so this applies to everyone.

Submit News to AVSIM