Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

John Lennon & Digital Design are known for ...

... Liverpool and much more for sure!

Really nice new airport for us, fantastic use of PBR! I changed the AFD a little bit to get it more realistic.

B1l6uDD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice airport, wonder if there is a dock for a yellow submarine.  Actually I saw that submarine in Monaco, it was near the palace, when I was there in 2017, they should have placed it in Liverpool...  My favorite song from the Beatles, Help From My Friends, I met Ringo's wife Barbara Bach many years ago when she came to visit my resort in the Napa Valley after she met Ringo.  She was a kind and gentle woman, very soft spoken, and very beautiful, Ringo made a good choice.  I did not talk to her much as I did not like to disturb our guests, celebrity or otherwise, but to be in her presence was special, three other noted guests for their presence were Joe Montana, Julia Child, and Judge Wapner, and Judge Wapner (who founded the US TV show People's court) had the kindest presence and warmest handshake of anyone I have met, followed by Joe Montana and Julia Child.  Barbara Bach I do not recall touching because I feared Ringo would have drummed me over the head, lol... 

I miss being part of the tourist trade, the VIP's you meet and the regular people, the repeat guests, like Joe Montana and Huey Lewis were at my resort, they make your day when you realize they are really humble human beings who respect your work, to keep their privacy private. I was offered $100 by Napa's Radio Station, KVON/KVYN, to reveal where Stevie Wonder was staying, which I did not partake of, I cannot be bribed, it's embedded in a customer service background, lol.  He stayed at my resort, I did not get to see him because my bell staff helped him to his room, but my bellman, Todd, the best employee I ever had, said he entered his suite and immediately knew where everything was--the kitchen, the tables, all the furniture, he could just sense it. 

And a few moments later he walked out to our croquet lawn, my bellman said, and just felt the grass with his hands.  We were so honored he picked our resort to stay at, but most visiting celebrities stayed with us because I insisted my staff respect their privacy and not even ask for an autograph, so they would remember some normalcy that fame can take away. 

That was all between 30 and 34 years ago, way back when, I miss those times, those guests, but disability reared its ugly head four years ago, cutting my career ten years short, but I may be back in the game again, I miss work, retirement is not fun, outside of simming which I get to do a lot of now, and sharing my screenshots from my flights, and experiences with my Avsim peers who have been with me, in some instances, longer than the colleagues I have worked with in my life, for the sake of a wonderful hobby that enriches world knowledge with the wide variety of simmers from so many countries here.

John

Edited by John_Cillis
  • Upvote 1