Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Missions!? A thought of things to come.

Guest Raptor483

Just wondering about your thoughts of the missions that are now a part of MSFS. With all this new information coming out of E3 about FSX, I can't help but get excited. With that said, I am starting to wonder if these missions will be a part of something greater. Hopefully when the FSX SDK is released, we will see the greatest Combat Simulator to date. I noticed in the new videos that there were explosions and things falling into the water. Also with the information being released about dropping sand bags onto targets. There would have to be some button to push on the joystick that would release the sand bag. So, replace the sand bag with a 3000lb. bomb and mix in the destruction we saw on the oil rig, with fire and everything. What are we looking at, I see the end of Miscrosoft Comabt Flight Simulator. Think of the Possibilities if this is true, a full world open to Combat Flight Simming. Think of doing a full Campaign in a open world. Deploying out of a AFB in US and flying over to Iraq or Iran and starting missions in a fully fuctional A-10 or F-16. I am not trying to start any rumors, because I have no offical information about any of this. However, look at the evidence around you. Missions, explosions, destruction. It all looks very exciting.Looking forward to FSX!Jared

Indeed! With the tools that are promised (and will be delivered!), the sim is now open to a much greater extent than previously possible.I predict that within one year of release, there will be 'add-ons' (both pay and free) that will allow one to do pretty much all that's only been dreamed of over the last few years... ;)Someone will actually DRIVE a pushback tug, allowing a real, on-line pilot and his/her copilot to leave the dynamic gate with full, real-time intercom and/or radio contact with the tug's driver. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator