Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

Zooming with Chaseplane

Hi,

I have my zoom level in chaseplane (camera>controls) set to 0.494, right click "zoom and make default.

When I open P3Dv4.5 and place the a/c at any airport I get information on the upper right corner of the monitor e.g Cockpit View, Onboard (Chase Plane) and "0.3 Zoom".

This Zoom level does NOT change to the zoom level in Chaseplane, but remains constant 0.3.

Is that NORMAL?

Thanks for response

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Yes Jürgen, this is normal. Chaseplane only sets the aircraft's/cockpit's zoom, while you have to set your desired global zoom (.7 - .8 is more realistic) by saving the situation you want to load. 

Regards, Fritz

Hi Fritz,

while you have to set your desired global zoom (.7 - .8 is more realistic) by saving the situation you want to load. 

1st thanks for prompt reply. But how do you set the global zoom (havn't figured this one out yet.

Thanks for help

[Fritz = German? are you in US or Germany?]

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi Jürgen,

it's Germany (like you?). Well, a global zoom of 0.8 appears best for me on my 32" monitor. Many of us will have difficulties evaluating a somewhat realistic perspective on a 2D monitor (depends on its size, too) versus 3D reality. I tried long and adopted that value comparing the assumed distance from inside with outside views when parked at a gate. Of course that's still an individual impression.

Kind regards, Fritz

Hi Fritz,

For me it's KSRQ (Sarasota USA).

Where do you change the global zoom??? I also have LG 32" curved monitor, but don't know where to set the global zoom.

Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader