Sign in to follow this  
VAL067

Flight Plan Folder for Trainer 6.50.1.0

This has to be the most frustrating experience in over 25 years of flight sim,lots of hours wasted uninstalling ,updating reinstalling, reading post after post , so many different answers that just dont work.  Please can someone give me a definitive answer as to what is the correct folder to store flight sim plans in so i can import them into the GTN 750 like i can with my GTN 750 in P3D. I have the latest version of RXP GTN 750. I sen that i should have a folder GTNNAVDATA but i cannot locate such a folder. 

Cheers

Hi all

As per usual just about when you are going to put a fist through the screen i have solved the issue, So yes for trainer 6.50.1.0 the FPLN folder does go into Program data/Garmin/Trainers/databases. I did this like a million times and no joy, but what i just did now was to use LittleNavmap to create a GFP file and export it there than all of a sudden it was like it had come to life and accepted all my GFP files that i have had for years ,,go figure hey. Still this issue by the looks of it has more questions than answers and its more likely to break come the next update. 

Hi,

I'm glad you've solved this on your system although this doesn't explain what when wrong when you've manually done what Little Nav Map has done automatically.

Nevertheless most confusion about this folder, and the number of posts, is because there has been different versions of the trainer during the life span of the GTN plugin and some did use a different path in the past. Adding to the confusion is our User's Manual where the mention GTNNAVDATA means for a lot of our customers an actual folder named 'GTNNAVDATA' whereas it is simply a 'nick name'. Our next update will revise the wording in order to remove the confusion about this as well.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)