Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Tidbit of info from E3

Guest jaredog

From Gamespot:LOS ANGELES--Flight Simulator X is being readied by ACES Studio for release towards the end of the year. The series has been running for nearly 25 years now, and Flight Simulator X will be the 10th installment in the series. The latest game will offer dozens of new aircraft, including the AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion with wheels and skis. The game will be online-enabled, so you can fly with other gamers around the world. The world is also set to be far more detailed, with moving cars, meticulous buildings, indigenous houses, farmland and wildlife in natural habitats. The planes themselves will also be more realistic than before, boasting shaded rivets, reflective paint, and glint from glass and chrome. Flight Simulator X will also feature over 50 missions, including the Red Bull Air Race and bringing relief materiel to the Congo. ACES Studio has programmed over 24,000 airports into the game that feature AI-controlled jetways, fuel trucks and moving baggage carts. There's no news on whether the game will be at E3 this year, but as the show opens tomorrow we won't have to wait long to find out. Found this all here:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/microsoftfl...tml?sid=6149912Jared

Guest s4cdd0rk2124

I'd like to also point out that in addition to the info found at the Gamespot link provided by Jared above, there's also a new screenshot (posted on May 9) in the images section. From the screenshot, it looks like clouds have recieved a facelift (they look similar to FS9, but better) and the water looks a lot better than out-of-box FS9 (its not as bright/fluorescent as FS9's).Anyways, just thought I'd point out that there's also a new screenie (hopefully the first of many this week) in addition to the Gamespot's info.Jeff

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Fantastic! Thanks for the news."Wildlife in their natural habitat", as I said in an earlier post, I wonder if animals besides birds are present......

Guest nels

Fantastic. All sounds great and all reliable information from Microsoft.Looks like this is it, the start of the information overload. Prepare yourself for whats about to come.Is there not a fan site yet with all the new information posted in one place? There should be.

Guest skruer

If you look at the Microsoft Press Conference video (found at fileplanet, Gamespot, IGN ect.) you will at 52:15 see a 10 secound clip of FSX. It is not much but it looks as the hang glider has flexible wings. Just as it turns you'll see the wings flex a little. It could be my eyes are seeing more than there are...

Guest Dennis_k

I'm waiting for tonight, when FSX presentation is showed. (i hope)

Guest skruer

Let's then hope for more than 10 seconds and maybe some questions will be answered.

Guest sclincoln

Did anybody catch this bit off the X-Box site."Flight Simulator X offers you a connected world where you can choose who they (sic) want to be, from air-traffic controller to pilot or co-pilot, as you interact with other aviators from around the globe by chatting in real time via headset and keyboard."It looks like online ATC will be integrated as well as the ability to jointly pilot/copilot the same plane. All with integrated voice chat. Cool. :D

"It looks like online ATC will be integrated as well as the ability to jointly pilot/copilot the same plane. All with integrated voice chat. Cool."Well, can't that be done now with add-ons?It would be nice if online ATC was integrated, but I'm not sure that's what they meant...Andrew

"where you can choose who they want to be"Whats this supposed to mean? I'm really getting fed up with the cryptic wordings.

"you can choose who they (sic) want to be"Pretty sure that's supposed to be 'you can choose who you want to be'.So, you can be a pilot or a controller.Unless, of course, you're just asking what exactly they mean by choosing who you want to be in hopes of their expanding on what roles one may be able to choose. That, I don't know. However, I don't know how well it would go over if FS had build-in ATC features that let you act as an air traffic controller; with the sheer number of units sold, I can't see how the network of ATC wouldn't get filled with people who either don't know what they're doing, don't take it seriously, or are simply trying it out of curiosity and making things rough for "serious" simmers.Andrew

Guest victorwest

>I'm waiting for tonight, when FSX presentation is showed. (i>hope)I presume that means in the UK we may find out more tomorrow morning.

>"where you can choose who they want to be">>Whats this supposed to mean? I'm really getting fed up with>the cryptic wordings.You join your buddy (or several buddies) on-line. Two of you can 'share the cockpit' with one of you Pilot Flying, the other PNF. One or more other buddies can choose to be ATC. What's so cryptic?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>"It looks like online ATC will be integrated as well as the>ability to jointly pilot/copilot the same plane. All with>integrated voice chat. Cool.">>Well, can't that be done now with add-ons?Of course it can. But, why bother when it will be included in FSX at no extra charge???

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator