Sign in to follow this  
JNS

CTD when changing Number of World Objects

Hi.  I'm running out of ideas and need a little help, please.  What might be some causes for a CTD when trying to increase the Number of World Objects to anything higher than "Minimal"?  This will happen when first loading a flight or in the middle of a flight.  I've tried all the usual tricks (Checked RAM, re-installed XP, latest video driver, no 3rd-party plugins, rebuilt Preferences,TDR adjustments, changed planes, airports etc.) to fix the problem.  Running only default planes and plugins.   My specs are:  3770K@4.4GHz., 24GB RAM, 1080Ti SC w/430.64 driver, XP 11.34r1 and Win 10Pro  v.1809.  

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Smith

Edited by JNS

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

What does the log file show? It might offer a clue of whats going on. 

Also where is your sim installed? Ideally not in the C: root

Does the sim crash when you make that adjustment BEFORE you go on a flight (when the sim launches and from the title screen you go to Settings)

You can also delete your prefs (back them uyp first) and see if that helps.

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/deleting-preferences/

1. What does the log file show? It might offer a clue of whats going on. 

2.Also where is your sim installed? Ideally not in the 😄 root 

3.Does the sim crash when you make that adjustment BEFORE you go on a flight (when the sim launches and from the title screen you go to Settings)

4. You can also delete your prefs (back them uyp first) and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help, ThrottleUp.

1. Nothing telltale has been found in the log.txt file and anything even suspect was taken care of.

2.C:/Flight Sim/X-Plane 11

3. Yes, before the flight loads or during the flight

4. Yes, I've deleted Prefs until I'm blue in the face.  LOL

Edited by JNS

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado