Sign in to follow this  
lvedin

How does PMDG pedal/tiller/front-wheel/rudder differ from real ?

Hello 🙂 !

I want to create realistic tiller/pedals regarding gear ratio, I have full control of HW and PMDG SDK-interface. Since it is default controlled only by pedals in PMDG, they also confirm it is not full realistic. 

My question is how the gear ratios differ from real AC regarding all aspects of pedal/tiller and front-wheel/rudder ?

Thank you !

Regards Lennart Vedin

In the real 737, the rudder will give an 7' nose wheel steering deflection. when taxiing, due to the way they crab you would be holding full rudder just to keep straight, especially in crosswinds.

Nose steering wheel can turn the nose wheel 78' maximum. If you move both, the tiller takes priority.

As to your sim, you'll have to compare these real figures yourself.

• Like 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

On 5/23/2019 at 4:36 AM, lvedin said:

I want to create realistic tiller/pedals regarding gear ratio

have a look at the options in fsuipc for setting separate "directly assigned" pedal and tiller axis for nosewheel / rudder control (as per mark's above)......

for now, cheers

john martin