Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Central America 4: Nicaragua to Panama

Central America 4: Nicaragua to Panama

We continue from Managua (MNMG) heading initially southeast along the line of volcanoes going out into Lake Cocibalca before turning south towards Liberia (MRLB) in Costa Rica. We'll then visit the small Pacific coastal resort of Tambor (MRTR - caution - 2300ft runway) before the capital san Jose (MROC).  Next we get to see the Caribbean side, with visits to Limon (MRLM) and into Panama, Bocas Del Toro (MPBO).  Now we go "coast to coast" - just 58 nm - to David (MPDA), before finishing for the week in Santiago, Panama (MPSA).

Flightplans

PLN format

GFP format - should be straightforward, no faffing needed.

Aircraft

Same as the previous flights, we're looking for something quite fast to cover the distances.  300kts cruise ideal, 250kts minimum is my suggestion.  Private jets, fast turboprops, subsonic military jets, warbirds, all good choices.  I did my test flying in the BAe Hawk, which was quite fun. But there's a 2300ft runway on the route.... (at least it's at sea level!).

Scenery

Orbx FTX Global textures + FTX NA landclass are a good combination, especially with an addon mesh for the mountains.

We have more freeware airport enhancements by the prolific Fernando Angel Gonzalez, plus Tambor from Tico-Sim.

Managua MNMG

Liberia MRLB

Tambor MRTR - Tico-Sim - Luis Jiminez Trejos

San Jose MROC  scrub this one, it's an update for an original that doesn't exist! Sorry...

Limon MRLM

Bocas Del Toro MPBO

David MPDA

Santiago MPSA

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday, 25th May, 2019, 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks! 

It has been brought to my attention (thanks Mike) that the MROC link I provided in the original post is actually an update for a scenery that doesn't now exist, so sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase.  I hadn't spotted that it wasn't one of Fernando Angel Gonzalez's sceneries.

We'll just use default MROC instead, as that was the only freeware offering.