Brad27

Permissions and Notepads playing silly buggers

Just fresh installed P3Dv4.5 in the last few days, i am trying to edit my AI traffic aircraft.cfg files and when i wish to save i get a prompt not to quickly save what ive edited into what was there before but instead to save as!? Trying to understand whats happened and why i cant save them the way i did in my previous setup?

Then.....

Permissions...its evident that even as the only user of my desktop and as Administrator this means NOTHING in regards to given you ease in just trying to get stuff done! All i keep getting are prompts about You need Administrator rights to do this or Are you sure you want to do that...Bla Bla Bla!

I have been hunting for support in these areas the last few days now and its just not coming about so maybe someone savvy in here can help?

I am on Windows 10, I literally want to stop Notepad from being a pain and just let me save edits as before and get permissions confirmed so i can get on with further enhancements within the root folders of P3Dv4

What directory is p3d installed in?

...not to patronise but have you checked your user account settings for full admin rights?