I am modifying NXP Twentynine Palms EAF using ADE.  The airport has changed drastically since FSX was released, so I have removed all parking, taxiways, signs, building, re-centered the runway, etc.

I have ran SimpleAirportScanner and both it and LNM show there are no duplicates.  Just the default airport in Scenery\0202 and the replacement in Addon Scenery\Scenery.

When viewed in FSX the airport displays the runway only which I what I would expect.

However, LNM is displaying the taxiways, which are probably bleed though from from the default NXP.

I tried an exclusion rectangle, but it made no difference in the graphic that LNM is displaying.

Is there something I can do, so that the FSX and LNM are in alignment on what the airport looks like?

Thanks,
Ernie

Original airport as seen in LNM

2UNgDTt.jpg

Modified airport as seen in LNM

WpqXh2L.jpg

Modified airport as seen in FSX

vcxtoFF.jpg

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Not sure how Options->Map Display->Airports: Diagram works, but unchecking it removed the taxiways.

Initially it wiped out the taxiways, parking, etc. on all of my airports, but it appears to be okay now.

Anyway, consider the issue resolved.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

18 minutes ago, airernie said:

Not sure how Options->Map Display->Airports: Diagram works, but unchecking it removed the taxiways. 

That's only a display option. LNM still reads the taxiways.

LNM also does not use exclusion rectangles.

Did you exclude taxiways in the ADF? There is a so called delete record which tells the simulator (and LNM) what features of the old/original airport to override.
There are plenty of corner cases in this override logic. I try to mimic the simulator as good as possible.

Alex

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

There is a so called delete record which tells the simulator (and LNM) what features of the old/original airport to override.

Thanks,

Haven't learned about that yet.  This is my first airport, so very much in the learning stage.

I found it interesting that FSX didn't display the taxiways, but LNM did.

Ernest Pergrem

4 hours ago, airernie said:

I found it interesting that FSX didn't display the taxiways, but LNM did.

I'm sure there are a few cases left in LNM which are not covered yet.

Alex