Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Lights on AFCS...or list of PFD codes?

Hi all

I am new to the Phenom 300 and have a question relating to the AFCS. Do the buttons on it have lights adjacent to them to indicate at a glance which mode is activated? Having looked at some videos of flying the aircraft in real life on YouTube, my guess is the answer is no. If that is the case, is the only way to check what mode you are in to look at the code(s) listed at the top of the PFD? And if so, where can I get a full list of the possible codes, seeing as the Carenado documentation is so woefully silent on how to actually fly this thing? (I do have Cees van der Linden's great tutorial BTW.)

To be honest, some of the codes are obvious, such as LOC, GS, HDG. But I've also seen ROL and PIT (are these roll and pitch, and what do they mean?)

Thanks guys.