Sign in to follow this  

FSX SID/STAR Simulation, please...

I know this has been covered but I had to speak on this yet again. I just did a flight out of KLAS to KSFO in FS9. My departure took me on a north by northwest heading that afforded me only an 800 foot clearance over a mountain range outside Vegas. That was too close for comfort...Upon arrival I got cleared to land on runway 1R. Let's just say that's a nice little nose dive approach after you disobey ATC and climb above the mountain ridge and dive back down to the runway... With FlyTampa's KSFO scenery (which is not Microsoft's fault) I had no why of requesting an alternate approach and runway. The only option I got was 1L which was no better...Moral of the story is we need SID/STARS simulated in FSX's ATC system. I know it's a little late in the game but it sure would be nice if that one important feature found it's way in the new sim.LONG LIVE MOUNTAIN CRASHING IN FS9... :-hah

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just a guess, but I think we'll see some implementation of SID/STARs in FSX, even if maybe it's just for 100 or so of the worlds busiest airports. The data is available in digital form and would be a nice "New and Improved" feature to use in marketing.Sure would be cool to see AI traffic following appropriate arrival and departure routes. Definately way up ther on my wish list too:)Matt

approaches are already there in FS9, and as in real life ATC will vector you away from them (though in FS it happens more often than in the real world).