Sign in to follow this  
broncoblair

Shader Files Gone ?

Hey guys. So I finally have gotten things to work pretty well on my machine except for the fact that I believe my shader files are gone. Everything is black white and grey outside the cockpit and I am not sure how to restore them or re add them? Any advice ? I found one other post while googling and it suggested to hit repair the msi file for P3D setup, did that it changed nothing.

system info? What addons? I suspect you are using something like tomato shade, pta etc and have something misconfigured. What was the last thing you did before the black and white showed up? Add any scenery?

Really need a bunch more info.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

No I don’t have any add on shaders except for whatever Environment Force added or took away. I was having horrible issues with FPS so I did the “delete generates files” command in the P3D folder and removed the add on files from documents. I deleted the stuff in the trash can by accident so whatever “delete generates files” took out, are gone. But the actual shader files from P3D itself seem to be gone in this path:

C:/programdata/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d V4 

no shader folder or add on in there which there there should be. Should I install 4.5 again ?

Shaders cache > AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Edited by _Patrol

"delete generated files" does exactly what it says. it deletes the files generated by P3D . To get them back, all you need do is run p3d again and fresh ones will be generated.

Where the difficulty occurs is if any of your addons put data in those files, they will not be working properly until you reinstall them.

The delete generated files option does not remove any core files that can not be regenerated.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors