Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Heat exhaust and wake turbulance?

Guest jrobert

I have a couple of questions regards things that (at least I) hope to see in the upcoming FSX.First, I was wondering if we can expect to see heat exhaust from jet engines such as when the engines are at idle. This feature is already modelled on the particular aircraft in CFS3 that use jet engines. I would like to see that feature ported into the upcoming FSX.Second, I was also wondering if we can expect to see wake turbulance modeled if for example you follow to closly behind a large aircraft. This is the part of the reason for maintaining a minimum seperation distance. I would definately like to see the physical consequences for disregarding that minimum seperation distance.Regards,Joshua Robertson (Creator of FS Real Time)3D Softworks Design Studioshttp://www.3dsoftworks.net

Guest skruer

All great ideas, but I would rather see the development team use time on other issues such as gameplay. IMO a good gameplay is far better than any graphics.There are a lot of bugs in MFS2004 which could use an upgrade. There is a lot of them that are a real pain when you try to perform a "real flight".Don't get me wrong - I hope your suggestions will come through - just in 2nd. line after gameplay bugs are out of the way.

Guest tcable

Heat blur is used in LOMAC as well (optional as it's a FR killer)I think they do it with bump mapping, which appears to be used on the aircraft models.

Guest Water Mango

"wake turbulance modeled"In order for something like this to work AI and ATC intelligence would have to be greatly improved. Aces would have to model some serious aircraft spacing with adherence to real world SID/STARS to keep you from getting blown out the sky by jet blast. As things are now AI traffic get's way too close during approach to busy airports like KLAX or KORD.

Guest jrobert

Obviously development of Gameplay is first and formost a priority. I was hoping that the ideas I suggested also make its way in somewhere along the line as well.[TABLE] [TR] [TD]Regards,[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]Joshua Robertson (Creator of FS Real Time)[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD][img src=http://www.3dsoftworks.net/images/logo-white.jpg][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]http://www.3dsoftworks.net[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

> As things are now AI traffic get's way too close during approach to busy airports like KLAX or KORD.Well with proper wake turbulence modelled, ai separation is already fixed :)

>Heat blur is used in LOMAC as well (optional as it's a FR>killer)LOMAC is a framerate killer, period :-lol. It's the worst combat sim I've ever played ... full of bugs and issues :("If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and therefore, unsafe." http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/unsure.gif

Guest tcable

Wake turbulence means modelling the AIR.Get a Cray. or a mother of a cluster just for the physics modelling.Maybe an add on physics processer would suffice, but it's too early to say.There is wake turbulence modeled with AS6 (www.activesky.com).Having expereinced real wake turbulence (off of a PA28) it's a good depiction.

Hi, Joshua and everyone.Wake turbulence would be a very good / needed addition to the sim. While a realistic Wake would be very difficult to implement, a turbulence like we have now, could be easily implemented? Maybe