Sign in to follow this  
philfab2

Manfred C47 sound files

I'm almost too embarrased to add this request - I don't want to detract from the absolutely exquisite job that has been done to get this project up and running.  I did mention this problem about a year ago and was told that it was all correct.  I have agonized over it all this time - so here goes: It seems to me that the sound files for throttle position and RPM have been interchanged as the frequency of the sound reduces when power is reduced after take off, but does not change as the RPMs are brought back.  I'm hardly God's gift to aviation, but I did fly DC4s for four years and the intensity of the sound reduces as you reduce power, but not the frequency, and this only reduces as you pull the RPM back.  So after all the things you have got RIGHT this is only small potatoes, and I am still very appreciative for all you have done.  Best regards Phil McConnell

Phil McConnell

There is a better sound set than the one I did and that was done by Mike Maarse who did the sound set for Milviz Beaver and Otter.

It was my first attempt at making a sound set for Manfred C-47 at that time the way Microsoft did.

Mike uses the prop command for combustion that is much better programming.

Mike's sound set is in the library.

dc3_pw1830_sound_v1.zip

Edited by TuFun