Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

VR ground control nosewheel steering/rudder

I tried XP in VR and its cool but I have no idea how to steer on the ground.  I was in the Cessna and there was no way to interact with rudder pedals that I could see.  I switched to the Ultralight and couldnt steer there either but I did get off the ground and fly around JFK for a moment.  Id like to get back to it but I think I'd rather use my joystick and just see through the VR.  not sure if thats possible.  If its possible to steer the Cessna completely in VR then Id like to know how.

thanks.

|   Dave   |    hey, I tried.

The proof that there is no God is found in a book written by men.

You can assign the rudder axis to the little "joystick" on the handheld controllers, I think.

You can also use hardware rudder pedals (and joystick, of course) while using VR.

I think if you have no rudder axis assigned, the rudder and nosewheel can automatically be linked to your aileron.

Cheers, Jan

Posted (edited)

Jan - thanks.  the thumbsticks appear to be 'reserved' but I was able to assign the middle finger trigger...right to rudder right and left etc...it clicks one notch at a time so it worked but not ideal.

I just had a real nice flight but Im still getting used to VR and using the mouse wasnt easy.  I'll use my wireless mouse next time.  Ill try linking aileron and rudder if I can.

Edited by sightseer
  • Like 1

|   Dave   |    hey, I tried.

The proof that there is no God is found in a book written by men.