Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Eduard

Reverse engine do not move the arcraft backwards

Recommended Posts

Hi i have seen many times that the pushback for atr is to apply reverse power.but when applying reverse power the aircraft remains stopped. can you please fix this?

Also, lease check the payload section when you put like 5.000 kg of pax. the airplane tails go down and the nouse up and the door stair is down the floor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R U sure the props are full forward and you are applying max reverse?  My ATR does perform a powerback, even at MTOW.

Don't know how other designers do that, but the heavier the plane, the lower it sits on the ground. How to make the stairs to adjust to each weight change, I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FDEdev said:

R U sure the props are full forward and you are applying max reverse?  My ATR does perform a powerback, even at MTOW.

Don't know how other designers do that, but the heavier the plane, the lower it sits on the ground. How to make the stairs to adjust to each weight change, I don't know.

yes, checked. know is working didn't know why was not working. 

Dont know to but maybe adjusting the gear more strong. the point is not to see the plane going to the floor in that heavy way. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Eduard said:

Dont know to but maybe adjusting the gear more strong. the point is not to see the plane going to the floor in that heavy way. 

Well, in the sim and IRL the plane sits lower at higher weight. There's no way to change that if you want to simulate working shock struts...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Well, in the sim and IRL the plane sits lower at higher weight. There's no way to change that if you want to simulate working shock struts...

 

okay, i understand. However, i want to comment about other problems that I have. First of all there is a bug with the lateral navigation system.  the plane follows the route very well bu for an unkown reason the pink bar that shows in the map the actual leg and the pink point in the fms get stuck they do not update however the plane continue the route as planned.  This can be fixed right?

other problem that I have that i don't know if it is a bug or me doing something wrong. The external power is not working for me. I wait to much the plane loose all battery and i have to reload it. 

this is how i configure the GPU https://gyazo.com/4099ab90b3f05666c6e5975b76bb1f0a

 

Other question how I can calculate the pitch stab I need to set depending on my weight and balance. A payload manager for this type of planes know carenado is starting to do ariliners would ve very usefull. 

thanks for your time and support!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Eduard said:

1. The external power is not working for me. I wait to much the plane loose all battery and i have to reload it. 

2. Other question how I can calculate the pitch stab I need to set depending on my weight and balance. A payload manager for this type of planes know carenado is starting to do ariliners would ve very usefull. 

1. In FSX/P3D there's no GPU simulated for turboprops. Since Carenado/Alabeo are working strictly within the original SDK, their turboprops will never have a working GPU.

2. Since there's only one passenger section, trim is always correct at the default neutral position. Baggage should also be loaded distributed between the forward and aft compartment.

But even with the baggage loaded only in the front or in the back, the trim change is negligible, especially since the ATR doesn't have a moveable stabilizer.

Edited by FDEdev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 7:26 PM, FDEdev said:

1. In FSX/P3D there's no GPU simulated for turboprops. Since Carenado/Alabeo are working strictly within the original SDK, their turboprops will never have a working GPU.

2. Since there's only one passenger section, trim is always correct at the default neutral position. Baggage should also be loaded distributed between the forward and aft compartment.

But even with the baggage loaded only in the front or in the back, the trim change is negligible, especially since the ATR doesn't have a moveable stabilizer.

thanks for the lesson and clarifications. So i cant correct the pitch with stabilizer in the ATR right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IRL you can and should adjust the takeoff trim according to the CG etc. But since the passenger load in the Carenado ATR is perfectly distributed (that's what you are trying to achive IRL) and there's only one flap setting for takeoff, there's nothing to do.

With a moveable stabilizer you can get into a grossly out of trim situation which you might not be able to handle, e.g. the inability to rotate at takeoff rotation. 

With only elevator trimming, you always have the full range of pitch control, so this problem doesn't exist.

Unfortunately FSX/P3D has a different/weird way to simulate trimming, so the elevator trim in FSX/P3D acts more like moving stabilizer, which makes FDE design quite difficult in this case.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 5:21 AM, FDEdev said:

IRL you can and should adjust the takeoff trim according to the CG etc. But since the passenger load in the Carenado ATR is perfectly distributed (that's what you are trying to achive IRL) and there's only one flap setting for takeoff, there's nothing to do.

With a moveable stabilizer you can get into a grossly out of trim situation which you might not be able to handle, e.g. the inability to rotate at takeoff rotation. 

With only elevator trimming, you always have the full range of pitch control, so this problem doesn't exist.

Unfortunately FSX/P3D has a different/weird way to simulate trimming, so the elevator trim in FSX/P3D acts more like moving stabilizer, which makes FDE design quite difficult in this case.   

Thanks for the explanation and your time. I really appreciate it! I will take in mind that 😃 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...