Sign in to follow this  
Marenostrum

Size and position of the NAV PF and FMC pop up displays

Is there a way to save the size and position of the NAV PF and FMC pop up displays?
I run the sim over 3 screens and I have to set them each time I load the aircrafts?

I wonder if it is possible to know the xy coordinates of the position and size and to store them modifying the .cfg file.

Thank you

Hi Stefano,

although this is for the 747-400, maybe this helps you out:

You probaly need to adjust the original panels and their sizese to match the 737 but this could easily be fetched from the panel.cfg file.

Furthermore, PMDG is providing different panel.cfg files for different display situations, e.g. 16x9 - at least for the 747. They are located in the simonjects/airplanes/<aircraft> folder. You best do a file search e.g. for „16x9“

Best regards, Holger

Holger Schmid

I have a question.

1. In your .xls file I set my nvidia surround 3 screen resolution (eg 5460 x 1080)

2. then I get the new coordinates for the pop up displays referring to the new resolution (correct?)

QUESTION: where do I write in the .cfg file the SIZE of those pop up?

WHen I pop up the displays I get a wrong X Y position of the POP up display but also a wrong size X-Y.

I need to correct both.

As an example can you post your panel.cfg file to better understand?

Thank you

Edited by Marenostrum

As I am currently not at home for some weeks, so I can not provide you with my panel.cfg.  Sorry. 

In the xls, just enter your surround screen resolution and the values will be calculated as described. The calculation will only give you new size values. You have to do the modification of the position by yourself. The position is your personal preference.

Holger Schmid

4 minutes ago, geholger said:

As I am currently not at home for some weeks, so I can not provide you with my panel.cfg.  Sorry. 

In the xls, just enter your surround screen resolution and the values will be calculated as described. The calculation will only give you new size values. You have to do the modification of the position by yourself. The position is your personal preference.

Thank you...trying now