Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

SSG or Xcrafts Embraer

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase an Embraer or Embraers for Xplane 11.

Until now, I believe the consensus is that the SSG is the more complex and better aircraft collection. However, with the new XCraft release of the updated Embraer family, I would like to know if there is any change in the consensus.

I have to admit my only brush with the Embraers is with the  FeelThere Phenom 100 and the rest of the Feelthere Embraers in FS2004. I do not know if Carenado is ever going to bother with an XPlane edition of the Phenom300 (with Navigraph pack) and

cannot find out, nor really want to wait for them to make that decision. Nor do I really want to get into any value for money arguments ... ie get the family vs get one, although that is indeed a relevant aspect of any purchase. 

In that light, can I have some opinions on both of these Embraer offers please.

Thanks

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hey Tony

I could test both of the E195. The XCraft planes do look better in general. Better modelling, 3D animations sharper cockpit textures and so on. There is a custom FMS but no custom navigation display. So the route is displayed in a standard x-plane manner.

The SSG planes have defintely the better systemdepth. Custom FMS, custom Embraer like ND and aircraft logic.
As a soon to be type rated E190 pilot, I had a few jump seat flights lately and could compare the SSG to the real thing.

There are a few missing pages in the FMS and therefore the autopilot logic is not implemented 1:1 but in general the SSG E195 is closer to the real plane.

What I would love to see, would be a E190 E2 maybe SSG is going to build one 🙂

Best Regards

Onurair,

Many thanks for your response mate.  

I think that SSG still remains supreme with the Embraer.  I was perhaps hoping that XCrafts would put some more depth into the latest iteration which would bring it up to SSG par or even surpass it.

Not to be I guess. I will wait for some more opinions but greatly fear that nothing much, other than prettines, has changed.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.