Sign in to follow this  
Guest thscholz

Nature, The Natural World and FSX

Guest Peter Sidoli

A friend of mine was flying over Africa and captured this long kneck Giraffe.He has kindly allowed me to use this unique connection between man, machine and nature to show what should be available in FSX.Peterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/144175.jpg

Guest Peter Sidoli

And now for my real question :-)Will FSX give solid overcasts horizon to horizon rather than what we have at present.At present we can take off in awful solid weather only to break out with well broken good VFR weather and no clouds beyond the draw rangePeterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/144176.jpg

Guest PHLMercenary

I suspect they haven't nailed that question down yet. There have been several threads on that topic and no one from MS has stepped in to offer guidance yet. I'm hoping they will soon release a photo which puts that question to rest. If it is implemented I hope it doesn't bring my system to its knees.

Guest Peter Sidoli

I suspect they haven't nailed that question down yet. There have been several threads on that topic and no one from MS has stepped in to offer guidance yet. I'm hoping they will soon release a photo which puts that question to rest. If it is implemented I hope it doesn't bring my system to its knees.

In that second picture, what is that, an open cockpit? Looks like a pic taken from the open cockpit of repainted B-9 bomber. :)I too would like to see a full deck ovc in FSX...or at least make this possible for the aftermarket to do. I think there will be plenty of things for add-ons like ActiveSky to do in FSX. I don't know if that's good or bad.So what plane is in that second shot? What's with the apparent windscreen in it?Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Will FSX give solid overcasts horizon to horizon rather than>what we have at present.Peter,I am afraid some of the weather related questions/wishes expressed on this forum must represent the toughest problems for the FSX team to crack. Therefore I doubt you can extract any meaningful promises from them.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest Peter Sidoli

>So what plane is in that second shot? What's with the apparent windscreen in it?

Guest Peter Sidoli

>>>Will FSX give solid overcasts horizon to horizon rather than>>what we have at present.>>Peter,>>I am afraid some of the weather related questions/wishes>expressed on this forum must represent the toughest problems>for the FSX team to crack. Therefore I doubt you can extract>any meaningful promises from them.Michael The problem I presume is the age old one of framerates and the age old problem of trading off the sky invironment for ground / panels and other frame rate hogging features.If FSX follows the old format we end up with the same problem. I am no expert but surely some sort of graphics management should be used.Ie when on top of cloud ground features become irrelevant etc.As for overcasts and clouds from horizon to horizon maybe a clever blend of close up clouds and backdrops?I personally find it a big letdown to be climbing out in attrocious weather and end up VFR in good weather.I also do not like the VFR cloudless sky in the distance.I was hoping that weather would be a ground up rewrite feature in FSX based on real world high lows and frontal systems. Not a candy touch up of the existing.Peter

Guest jan_berlin

Hi,the screenshots released so far indicate that there will be no significant change of the weather system in FSX. My guess is that we'll see some workarounds concerning some known problems with the existing weather engine (e.g. several visibility issues and some other) but no real step forward. If I'm wrong with that I'll take it as a lucky surprise. :-)Jan