Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoy888

Instructions to connect the G430 to NAV 2 CDI C172SP X-Plane 11

Instructions on how to connect the G430 to the NAV 2 CDI on the C172SP in X-Plane 11

I finally found out how to connect the G430 to the NAV 2 CDI on the C172SP in X-Plane 11.  

Bellow are the instructions on how to connect the G430 to the NAV 2 CDI on the C172SP in X-Plane 11. By default they are not connected to be more realistic but if you know how to change datarefs this can be done by following these simple steps bellow:

The C172SP cockpit in X-Plane 11 is fully 3D, so you cannot edit it comfortably in a graphical tool like Plane Maker.

If you feel comfortable with a good text editor like Notepad++ or BBEdit, you can edit the animations in the object files directly. Make a backup copy of any .obj files you are going to touch.  

Edit the Cessna 172SP/objects/instruments/vor_glideslope_adf/vor2_ag.obj: Find all lines that refer to _pilot, and change them to _copilot  This will wire up the instrument as if the airplane had a full set of copilot instruments and a copilot NAV source selector. 

You will also need to change the Cessna 172SP/Cessna_172SP_cockpit.obj and find the line that refers to the sim/radios/obs2_down and sim/radios/obs2_up commands and change them to sim/radios/copilot_obs2_down and sim/radios/copilot_obs2_up respectively. This will change the mouse manipulator to match the changed animations.

I would include photos of both files after they have been edited to show you exactly what the edited text looks like, however unfortunately it appears I cannot add photos to my post!

Hi,

thank you for sharing this tip!

Maybe easier too: just tell the GNS #2 to be on the 'pilot' side in GNS Settings Panel? (this is further explained in the RXP GNS User's Manual)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

If it's allowed I would like to include two photos showing the complete and correct version of the code as described above. How can I include photos in this post?

Right in the 'Avsim help' sub-forum:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html