Sign in to follow this  
defyent

CDI gps/nav

Hello,

I have two questions, the first is, is there a way to determine from dataref's which mode the CDI button in is in? VLOC vs GPS? 

Second, it seems that when I have "Connect CDI mode to NAV/GPS Switch" enabled, the gps/nav switch constantly flicks back and forth between gps and nav, making my cdi but tick back and forth. It's as if RXP is trying to enable one feature and xplane is trying to make it revert back. Any idea how to fix this? Cheers.

So I answered my own question for the first one by finding sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/HSI_source_select_pilot.

But how about the OBS button on the 530? Can't seem to find a way to figure out what mode that it is.

Hi,

the 'switching back and forth' is most likely due to the aircraft trying to own the switch. This is inherently conflicting and it wouldn't take much from the aircraft developers to change this around, and adapt their code to the switch state, instead of adapting the switch state to their code.

As for the OBS mode, do you have any particular need for this?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the reply. The flickering happens with all the stock xplane10 aircraft, but I mostly use the 172 for testing. When I don't have RXP active I have control over the CDI source, the cdi nor the cdi source does not flick it back automatically. It seems this only happens when RXP's "Connect GPS to HSI" feature is on. 

The reason I need to know the state of the obs is so I can create a custom auto slew feature. I can't use the autoslew in RXP for two reasons, one is that I can't use Connect gps to hsi for the reason mentioned above, but the other is that RXP's autoslew only works when a leg is activated, which isn't how the autoslew in our real aircraft work. Our autoslew constantly updates and locks the course indicator. But  autoslew can't be active when in OBS mode. For now I've determined when OBS mode is active by looking for the gps_nav_id being blank while sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/HSI_source_select_pilot = 2. But this is very much a kludge and may not work in all circumstances. 

Sorry I had my initial reason wrong. The reason I can't use "Connect gps to hsi" is because when it's enabled the autopilot will not follow a vor/hsi.

So it turns out that it was not RXP, but rather SimAvio that was messing with my autopilot. Sorry for the confusion. 

thank you for the update on this. I've also sent you a PM for the OBS question.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)