Sign in to follow this  
Guest heclak

Changing the location and keeping the local time

Can there please be a way to keep the local time when changing to another location? It's annoying having to go into the menu twice. Thanx..

Guest heclak

I totally agree with this. The timing for the world is rather off. Especially the dawn and evening times. Not too sure for the US but in Asia, the sun is still up at 1700 local time(+8 GMT). Not noon bright but the sky is still white light. Only at 6plus does the sky START to turn orange. And its only dark past 7. In FS9, its dark before 6 here. Quite scary and makes it hard to fly in the evening when i wish to fly real time VFR.I wonder would any attention be brought to this. To my understanding, different longtitudes(or is it latitudes) on the glode have different number hours of daylight based on the time of the year. I would really be helpful if this could be implemented. Or have a way of correcting this by the end user. Thanks. Cheers on the good work.Hector

It keeps the correct UTC time once you set it which is far more important.What I'd rather see is that FS polls Windows for not just the local time but the timezone when you start it and determines the actual local time at whereever you're starting your flight based on that.Saves a lot of going into the time/season dialog to change the time to real time.

>I wonder would any attention be brought to this. To my>understanding, different longtitudes(or is it latitudes) on>the glode have different number hours of daylight based on the>time of the year. I would really be helpful if this could be>implemented. >This is already in FS2004. :) Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>understanding, different longtitudes(or is it latitudes) onIt is latitudes. The last time I was checking FS9 had pretty accurate sunrise/sunset times that depend on day of the year and latitude. Maybe you should double check.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

> It keeps the correct UTC time once you set it which is far more important.:-roll I am talking about a simple checkbox option to keep the local time instead of the UTC time. Then you can switch to other airports and be flying in approx the same sunlight.> What I'd rather see is that FS polls Windows...This is another issue. On this I think the user could select any time they want (like in FS9) but have 2 more options: 1- keep the minutes the same as the system minutes. 2- keep the hours the same as the system hours.

Guest heclak

The sunset and sunrises are certainly nowhere close here in Singapore. there's a 2 hours difference in sunset. Haven't had a chance to compared sunrises.