Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

Visible snow/ice on aircraft?

I saw this picture on Airliners.net and it would be fantastic to see snow and ice accumulate on aircraft:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1006704/L/What do you think? It would look great, especially if the aerodynamics were affected by ice accumulation :).I know that FSX will feature fuel trucks that come to your aircraft, so why not add deicing "giraffes" etc, depending on the weather ;)---------------------------------------"If it doesn't have a VC, I won't be flying it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/smug.gif" ... hang on a minute .... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/unsure.gif ... that is too restrictive! Most flight simulator planes don't have a fully functional VC .... I'm happy to fly non-VC planes such as the brilliant iFDG range, Samdim's fantastic aircraft, POSKY's wonderful planes, and many many others! I'm the richer for it :).

> I know that FSX will feature fuel trucks that come to your aircraftWe don't know that for sure (but it pretty likely ;))

We'll have to wait and see if this incarnation implements modelling of the aircraft exterior interacting with the outside enviroment such as building ice or snow or even rain or hail. As far as de-icing via ground service, probably possible if fuel trucks are modelled or at least as add-ons, but would be great if the onboard de-icing systems were modelled visually such as the TKS and boots, with liquid weeping from the wings or windshield and animated boots to battle dangerous icing conditions while in flight, though these features may beyond this version.Ian.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Good idea on both icing and icing effects on the model; and I'm all for that, though in FS11, not FSX.

Guest davidvoogd

Icing effects, both visual and flight dynamics, is quite high on my list of things I'd like to see in FSX.