Sign in to follow this  
Jedi928

ChasePlane compatibility Majestic Dash Q400 Pro P3D4.5

Hello,

Is the Q400 supposed to work with ChasePlane? I never get problem with ChasePlane but with The Dash it seems P3D4.5 is crashing very often during flight! (P3D is closing!)

I use Windows 10 1903.

When I desactivate ChasePlane and launch only P3D i have no crash...

Thanks for you advices or support.

Jérôme Dietsch

The MJCQ400 has another program running when you use the Dash. Some values from the aircraft are computed there and not available as they are with other aircraft. At a guess it might be CP unable to obtain some value unexpectedly. In any case reporting the issue at the CP site would be helpful.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Ok thanks so may be it is the problem, I am going to send a mail to oldprop like you recommand me!

Jérôme Dietsch

Hi!

Majestic Dash8-Q400 has an external dynamics module that does not return to the simulator various variables that are used by camera control programs (Chaseplane and EZdok Camera) to play the effects of shaking and dynamic movement of the pilot's head.

In the case of EZCA, turning off such effects allows normal use of the aircraft. I think that in the case of ChasePlane you should try to turn off the effects, maybe it will also help.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Hi,

Yes i have got a message of ChasePlane when launching the Dash: "Due to the custom Flight model in the majestic Software Q400, Acceleration, Gyroscopic, Engines, Blast and Anticipative Motion Effects may not work properly" so i have set to 0 every of this effects in my presets camera views but it crash enough often too!

Edited by Jedi928

Jérôme Dietsch

That's fair to say. I would expect CP to handle missing variables gracefully. I expect the CP devs will be glad of the information.

Hello,

Just to inform you after a lot of search and test i have found the reason of my crash and ChasePlane was not the problem! I am sorry for that, i thaught it was but it is not the case. In fact i have installed a scenery and the author recommended to apply a tweak in My P3D.cfg:

"For a more precise delimitation of the vegetation areas (performance is not affected), in the [TERRAIN] section of the .cfg file, enter this line: IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=1024". I have noticed it was crashing always in the same area of this new scenery i have installed so after looking the error in my windows 10 Observer i noticed the error was terrain.dll so i have made a lot of test without this tweak and it never crash now! May be my 980 Ti don't support this tweak..I will do without this tweak.

Pb resolved now!

Edited by Jedi928

Jérôme Dietsch

So your crash was in a particular scenery area with the "autogen tweak" and without CP running? So CP has no effects in the end.

Yes exactly and now i can run CP with the Majestic no problem! I just have set to 0 every of the effects Acceleration, Gyroscopic, Engines, Blast and Anticipative Motion Effects in my presets camera views because CP tell those effects may not work properly with the Dash.

• Like 1

Jérôme Dietsch

28 minutes ago, Jedi928 said:

Yes exactly and now i can run CP with the Majestic no problem!

:biggrin: