Sign in to follow this  
mmcwill1

4.5 Update Problem

Well, this isn't working out too good! So this afternoon, installed KMIA udpate, took a flight in 4.4, and everything looked great, except, I was getting a "critical error" with ActiveSky. Tried doing an update with no luck. Tried uninstalling then reinstalling with no luck. So I thought I would uninstall and then do the 4.5 update and now, P3d will not start, and I still have the problem with ActiveSky. I recently had installed ORBX base, vector and NA LC, so I went through the process of making sure that was all up to date, still with no luck. Any ideas short of a fresh install, which I am dreading.

Thanks!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

I would first uninstall ActiveSky to get that out of the way (for now).

If P3D will not start up, rename the prepar3d.cfg file and try again.

If still no go, uninstall and reinstall the V4.5. Client.. that is not such a big effort.  Also delete the contents of the P3D Shaders folder.

At that point, you should have a working P3D system.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanks Bert!. I went ahead and reinstalled the 4.4 client and everything came back, except for activesky. I wasn’t sure that would work since content and scenery are 4.5. Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB