Sign in to follow this  
Guest koorby

FSX Annotator Request

> So, completely empty parking lots at airports and shopping malls are somehow "more realistic" > than ones that show some "life?" EDITED OUT... ONE MORE LIKE THAT AND YOU ARE GONE... , and theres obviously no "life" in anything that never moves. I am glad MS agree and decided to implement moving traffic in FSX. Thanks alot MS.

Guest koorby

Oh dear yet another hijacked, tangent-ridden thread :(My original post was trying to establish if I could use the vehicle models shown as dynamic objects in the FSX videos/shots, as static objects in autogen scenery using annotator. Jason's reply has suggested no dedicated pulldown list in Annotator for vehicles etc (which is a shame, because apart from buildings and trees, vehicles also dominate the landscape) - I will need to manipulate the XML library entries and "pull" out those objects once the SDK docos are released.My point again to the devs: could the coder doing annotator.exe for FSX add just one button for vehicles? I don't mind if it randomly selects cars and trucks from the library (and with a fixed rectangle outline size), but it would be very cool to have such a small incremental feature added.

>Correct dimwit,That's the pot calling the kettle black. Koorby, Is there a reason why getting the vehicles as a default object call doesn't work for you? I would think that since many apps let you place the default vehicles now, and some are part of autogen, it might be the same in FXS.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I simply post I don't like statics, yet this guy is always finding some reason to attack me. Why don't you ban him.

Guest koorby

>>>Correct dimwit,>>That's the pot calling the kettle black. >>Koorby, Is there a reason why getting the vehicles as a>default object call doesn't work for you? I would think that>since many apps let you place the default vehicles now, and>some are part of autogen, it might be the same in FXS.>>>Regards, Michael>KDFW>>http://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpg>CalVirAir InternationalHi Michael,I guess it's an easy-of-use issue. I have not studied the intricacies of using the XML-based library calls in annotator, but I'm an artist, not a modeller or a scenery designer, so I was hoping that vehicles could be elevated to the same status as buildings and trees, both of whom have a dedicated button on the interface.As for other programs allowing vehicles to be placed onto autogen, can you steer me in the right direction there?