Sign in to follow this  
Kobalt123

No RNAV?

I'm pretty new to PMDG. The only plane I've flown so far is the 777-200LRX. I've familiarized myself with most systems in the 777, but recently I've had trouble loading RNAV Departures/Arrivals into the FMC. When I select DEP in the DEP/ARR menu, there just aren't any RNAV's available. Is there any way to see the RNAV or do they just not have them?

On 7/7/2019 at 7:08 AM, Kobalt123 said:

When I select DEP in the DEP/ARR menu, there just aren't any RNAV's available. Is there any way to see the RNAV or do they just not have them?

Not sure what you mean by this.

The FMC will provide the approaches available within the data cycle that you have installed, for the airports selected. If there are not RNAV approaches, they will not be displayed.

SIDS and STARS using RNAV have no specific identifier in the name. The chart itself is the only thing that will make a note.

IAD, for example, has the COATT STAR, which is non-RNAV ("ANAV" - unofficial term), and the CAVLR STAR, which is RNAV. They're basically overlays of each other:

COATT: https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1907/05100COATT.PDF

CAVLR: https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1907/05100CAVLR.PDF

Kyle Rodgers