Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Easier Slewing

I don't use slew mode very often, but when I do I always have to look up which keys to press (thats annoying). Wouldn't it be better to be able to use the joystick in slew mode to move around? (and perhaps trim up/down to change altitude).

You already can do this... you have to have the sensitivity turned up to do it but it does work that way already.

Guest tdragger

Works even better if you have an Xbox 360 controller because you have two analog thumbsticks you can use. I posted instructions on my blog to get one to work with FS2004.

> Works even better if you have an Xbox 360 controller because you have two analog > thumbsticks you can use. I posted instructions on my blog to get one to work with FS2004.We cannot even buy them here because MS gave us the lowest priority :-roll

Guest tdragger

No fair! Well, at least it's summer for you. ;)

Guest cwright

On an associated issue, I very much hope that the team restore the mouse-as-yoke feature. Unaccountably this standard feature was dropped about two versions ago. Previously you could right-click and choose the mouse for control. Mouse control was perfect for slewing, which was useful particularly for scenery design. You could also fly with the mouse, useful if you don't have a joystick-type controller. Also flying with the mouse was surprisingly accurate. There is an add-on that gives mouse-as-yoke control and the author stated that he believed the feature may be re-instated in the next FS version. I hope that's true. He also stated that mouse-based controllers had been designed for disabled people. Best regards, Chris

Guest tdragger

The code you speak of was made up of some particulary nasty assembly language routines that became difficult to maintain. I do think, though, that you ought to have an easy, intuative way to fly if you don't have a joystick or game controller handy.

Guest cwright

Thanks for that - I always wondered why it had been dropped! But I do hope it can be restored eventually. Best regards, Chris

If it's not in, then I'm sure the aftermarket will have it.As was said, I believe there is an FS2004 addon for that already..Good to know *why* it was removed. hehe. Assembler routines, wow.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB