Sign in to follow this  
Looseparts

GTN and XP11 G1000 A/P

Hello. I installed the GTN Trainer 6.50.1 last week and now it seems the autopilot in X-Plane 11's G1000 (referred to as the X1000) will no longer follow the sequential fixes in a GTN flight plan. The plane will start to make the requested turn, but suddenly levels out and will only fly straight. If I notice this and click once again the NAV button on the X1000 it will immediately head to the next fix, but won't make any further turns without me clicking the NAV button once I see it's not working. 

If I manually enter the FP into the X1000 and do not launch the GTN the plane follows the FP as expected.

This is X-Plane 11.35 on Windows 10 Professional flying the default Colombia 400 - 

Is there something I'm overlooking, further information or log files I can provide you? 

Thanks a lot, 
Jon Dowd

Hi,

The G1000 is not only an EFIS, it is a GPS as well. It is normal both conflict in this case, especially because X-Plane G1000 is coded to 'own' the sim despite the 'override' datarefs.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 7/9/2019 at 4:49 AM, RXP said:

Hi,

The G1000 is not only an EFIS, it is a GPS as well. It is normal both conflict in this case, especially because X-Plane G1000 is coded to 'own' the sim despite the 'override' datarefs.

All the more reason for me to look forward to your G500 : -)
I'm in this for the long haul. Not trying to hurry you, just excited to have it arrive.