Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Traffic in FSX

Guest Dimon1971

Hi guys and,first of all, sorry for my English.I would like to raise some issues with traffic in FSX, if you don't mind. Also, i'd be glad to know what the community think about that.I've spent huge amount of time buildong traffic for FS2004 (i.e. flightplans, AI-models, liveries, special liveries, AFCAD-files etc). I'm pretty happy with the result and it would be quite sad if the current traffic architecture change in FSX. It means, that we should start all over again. Thus....1. Do you think that traffic backbone (i.e. separate BGL files) will be changed for FSX2. Do you think that MS will finally solve the planes' separation issue during landings?3. Do you think that MS will develop completely new mechanism that allow AI-landings and departures from non-parallel runways? For example,current architecture doesn't allow to simulate real KORD operations (i.e. runaways pair 9/27 for landings and pair of 14/32 for take-offs) - only one pair of parrallel runways might be used for AI-opeartions in FS2004. I know about STAR-technique, but I found it quite complicated for average user like myself.4. And finally - the wild dream. I've heard some speculations that MS might purchase a license from FAA (or other private of federal organization) to obtain, process and submit Real-Time traffic information into FSX in the same way like downloading weather from Jeppesen.So, user just need to push the button "Download Traffic" and this is it. Anyway, your thoughts, ideas, opinions are much welcome.My BestDmitriy

well, whereas No 4 would bejust great...Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest garwig2

Hi Tom, have you picked up some hints somewhere regarding non-parallel runways, or do you just have a hunch? This would be high on my wishlist :)-Gary

Hi,All those are hunches. I have heard absolutely nothing from the bloggers on the subject of ATC, so I assume it is not yet on the list of "announced features" they are allowed to talk about. Patience...Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___