Hi all,

This is my first post, so I'll try my best.

I picked up Active Sky XP a couple of days ago and, weirdly, but not immediately, I started to get weird clouds a day later.

When I point my camera up, the weird lines/rays seem to render, then when I switch back to my normal views I can only see the clouds clearly rendered in at my current level or below.

I haven't touched the settings in any way whatsoever and I also deleted all my cloud textures, verified them, and reinstalled the AS ones again - the same issue occurred.

Would appreciate some help on this matter.

Thanks.

number 1.png

number 2.png

Edited by charliearon
Embedded the screenshot for easier viewing.

Welcome to the AVSIM forums!  I embedded both of your screenshots for easier viewing by the members.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forums!  I embedded both of your screenshots for easier viewing by the members.

Thank you!!

I have no issues with it, but im using clouds from a x-vision preset, i dont like the clouds that come with ASXP.

Do you have any lua script running that messes with weather? If not best advice is run the XP installer and update it, is going to overwrite all to the default, and reinstall the clouds again, if the issue remains open a post in the x-plane org or better in the HIFi forum.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 minute ago, dmarques69 said:

I have no issues with it, but im using clouds from a x-vision preset, i dont like the clouds that come with ASXP.

Do you have any lua script running that messes with weather? If not best advice is run the XP installer and update it, is going to overwrite all to the default, and reinstall the clouds again, if the issue remains open a post in the x-plane org or better in the HIFi forum.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a TrueHaze LUA script, which I'm pretty sure doesn't impact on the weather only the visuals, since I was totally fine using it before with AS. As for reinstalling the clouds, I have already done that and to no avail. I will try and remove EVERYTHING from my LUA and see if that helps.

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

It seems one of my LUA scripts caused the issue! I'll narrow it down.

Tyvm!

• Like 1

I just wanted to add that I was having the same problem. After reading this thread, I looked in my scripts file and found the TrueHaze.lua, so I moved it over to the Scripts(disabled) file. Problem solved. 

Also, before permanently resolving this, my work around was moving the settings slider from HDR to HDR + SSAO, or vice versa, and it would fix the issue I was having with the clouds, until the next time I flew.

Edited by jgp5194