Sign in to follow this  
denalb

Using Chatter Country Folders on transatlantic flights

Hello,

I'm having an issue on my transatlantic routes with the chatter files when I switch over to Shanwick Center or any other center in that EU region. I'm expecting the chatter files to switch over to my EG folder, but they stick to the original US folder from my departure airport. I'm wondering if this is expected, or a bug. Here is what the logs look like.

AssignedController: 123.95.  CtlrShrtName: SHANW Ctr CtlrType: Center21:14:19
New Com2 Stby Freq: 127.5
New Com2 Stby Freq: 127.5
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Center AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY at Flight Level Three Seven Zero 08/11/2019 21:14:21
AudioInterrupts: 1 in InterruptAudio 21:14:21
 WaveOutPlayer Paused in InterruptAudio 21:14:21
Ctr ChatterFolder: C:\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\US\K4\Ctr
ControllerFreqChanged: 123.95.  CtlrShrtName: SHANW Ctr CtlrType: Center21:14:22
Recognized Speech: Center AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY At Flight Level Three Seven Zero 21:14:26
AssignedController: 118.77.  CtlrShrtName: MANCH Ctr CtlrType: Center21:25:17
New Com2 Stby Freq: 123.95
New Com2 Stby Freq: 123.95
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Center AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY at Flight Level Three Seven Zero 08/11/2019 21:25:19
AudioInterrupts: 1 in InterruptAudio 21:25:19
 WaveOutPlayer Paused in InterruptAudio 21:25:19
ControllerFreqChanged: 118.77.  CtlrShrtName: MANCH Ctr CtlrType: Center21:25:20
Recognized Speech: Center AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY At Flight Level Three Seven Zero 21:25:24

One thing I also noticed is that the folder never switched over to any of the other US folders i have, it's holding on to the country folder of my departure airport. In this case it was KDFW which is the US/K4/ folder(I have K1-K7 US folders). The route I flew was KDFW to EGLL and I expected P2ATC to be switching the folders as I crossed the US and over in to the UK, but once I arrived in range of Shanwick, I unexpectedly kept hearing American ATC chatter. I do notice that if I restart Pilot2ATC, and I'm on Shanwick or Manchester, It is looking in the root folder for a ctr folder as if it doesn't recognize them being in EG. Am I missing a country that Shanwick and Manchester centers are located?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Denalb

Just to add some more info. Once I was directed by LONDON Center over to EGLL Radar Director, the chatter files finally switched to the EG folder.

AssignedController: 118.47.  CtlrShrtName: LONDO Ctr CtlrType: Center21:53:27
New Com2 Stby Freq: 118.775
New Com2 Stby Freq: 118.775
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Center AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY at Flight Level Two Six Five 08/11/2019 21:53:30
AudioInterrupts: 1 in InterruptAudio 21:53:30
 WaveOutPlayer Paused in InterruptAudio 21:53:30
ControllerFreqChanged: 118.47.  CtlrShrtName: LONDO Ctr CtlrType: Center21:53:30
Recognized Speech: Center AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY At Flight Level Two Six Five 21:53:34

AssignedController: 120.4.  CtlrShrtName: EGLL RdrDir CtlrType: RadarDirector22:02:39
New Com2 Stby Freq: 118.475
New Com2 Stby Freq: 118.475
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Radar Director AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY descending to Flight Level Zero Seven Zero 08/11/2019 22:02:42
AudioInterrupts: 1 in InterruptAudio 22:02:42
 WaveOutPlayer Paused in InterruptAudio 22:02:42
RdrDir ChatterFolder: C:\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\EG\RdrDir
ControllerFreqChanged: 120.4.  CtlrShrtName: EGLL RdrDir CtlrType: RadarDirector22:02:43
Recognized Speech: Radar Director AMERICAN Five Zero HEAVY Descending to Flight Level Zero Seven Zero 22:02:47

The program currently uses the airport associates with the controller to determine what country to use from the Chatter folders.

Center controllers don't have an associated airport and so the behavior you describe is the result.

i have added an item for future enhancements to check for changes each time a new Center controller is assigned.

Thanks for the report,

Dave

• Like 1