Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Just Planes DVDs

I have ordered some "Just Planes" DVDs last week and I have to say that I have expected more. 50% of their DVDs were of exceptionally poor quality from a manufacturing point of view, some didn't even run on 4 different DVD players.While the concept is great, the cameraman is not. I got one DVD to partially work and I have to say that the quality is hum-ho at best. Also on almost all approaches/landing that I have seen, the cameraman slowly starts to pan out of the side window instead of the COCKPIT. I wanted to scream and tell him to move to the cockpit. It is supposed to be cockpit video after all, no?I also found that about four out of five captains seem be extremely uncomfortable with the camera around, so that some legs merely consist of a camera pointed out of the window of the top part of the cockpit.Some won't even show their face and you clearly see a sense of reluctance on some of the flights, while others are extremely chatty.It would be great to see cockpit DVDs that are also recorded in multi-angle, so that you can switch between cockpit, window and maybe throttle.All-in-all I am fairly disappointed. :-(

Take a look at ITVV produced airplane videos. I've found them to be far and away MUCH better than the "World Air Routes" produced videos. ITVV's include multiple cameras documenting the same flight - multiple in-cockpit cams, one on the ground for arrival and departure... all told, the presentation is much nicer. No, it's not multi-ANGLE (DVD feature), but they do often flip between the cameras. Especially good is their Virgin 747-400 set, and the Concorde set. The ITVV videos have very interested flight crews, loads of interesting information, and a nice feel to them. Take a peek: http://www.itvv.com/Just a thought!-Greg