Sign in to follow this  
dmwalker

Can't Install legacy B747 in FSX-SE for Windows 10

I am switching from FSX on Windows 7 to FSX-SE on Windows 10 and all my add-ons are reinstalled except PMDG B747 legacy version.

I keep getting a warning ”Unhandled Exception, Error Number 0X80070005, Access Denied”

As I understand it, I should be able to install the B747 but might have some problems running it.

I tried to submit a ticket but, in order to register to do that, I have to have an E-mail address different from the one I use for the store.

I don't want to do that so I am wondering if anyone here has had that warning and how to deal with it. Also, I don't want to buy the new B747. If I can't make the old one work, I'll do without.

If I have to, I'll go to the new forum and register there but I want to try here first.

Dugald Walker

Activation issues would have to go via support ticket. That said, somebody else on the new forum did have the same issue, so I wonder if this is a result of the change-over to the new website.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thanks. I found the topic on the new forum so I'll keep an eye on it and hope for the best..

Can you confirm that registering on the support page needs a different E-mail address than registering on the store page? I can not think why that would be.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

It's not that it requires a different e-mail address as much as it is that it's a different account altogether. You can use the same e-mail for both. The reason they are separate accounts is that in the event that you can't get access to your store account for whatever reason, you won't be completely hosed since you'll still have access to the support account. If they were the same, you'd be hosed. This was the case when they changed over to the new website, which required everybody to reset the password to their store account. The problem was that several people with certain e-mail providers weren't getting the e-mails to reset the password, so they needed to get into their support account to contact support in order to get the issue resolved. If the store account and support account were the same in this case, everybody who wasn't getting the password reset e-mails would have been hosed since they couldn't get into their accounts at all.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

When I try to register for the support account, I get the message "E-mail address is already in use" and I cannot proceed further..

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

Did you by chance already have a support account and not remember it? There's a forgot password option, so you may want to try using it if that's the case.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Yes. The more I think about it, the more I realise that must be the case from years ago. I had tried a previous password but it didn't work so there must be an even older password. I didn't notice the forgot password option so I'll try that. Thanks again.

Dugald Walker

Any idea when PMDG will fix the legacy product install issue? I own 4 or 5 legacy PMDG aircraft and am unable to use any of them because of the certificate error. PMDG told me three weeks ago that they were aware of the issue (it has to do with their new activation system, which broke the old one, I think) and it may be fixed in ten days, but I'm still getting failed activations today. 

I think we're all following the topic "MD11 Setup" in the Legacy Products section of the new PMDG Forum, which is discussing the identical problem.

Dugald Walker