Sign in to follow this  
Memmo

Impossible to land PMDG B777 in P3D

Hello community,

Recently I switched from FSX to P3D.(FSX completely removed from PC). Since I Always liked flying the PMDG B777-300ER on FSX, I installed the PMDG B777 package for P3D. All is working perfectly untill aproach. Here are the issues involved:

• Calculated approach & landing speeds in the FMC are (insanely) high. It calculates landing speeds up to 260kts
  •  When I mannualy alter the speeds in the FMC (for instance landing speed around 150kts depending on weight) even with speedbrakes fully extended and gear down the aircraft is slowing down extremely slow not making 150kts for landing.
  • Flaps speeds for landing are always calculated at 30/180. When I alter the speed for flaps 30 then i get a flaps configuration warning on short final.
  •  At ALL airports flying into, once LOC is captured and I arm the APP button, I get a caution warning saying "No Autoland" dispite the FMC is completaly step by step set up as instructed in the manual.
  • Even with a complete manual App & landing solely using MCP imput, Aircraft speeds are way to high as if extremely slow to respond to MCP input.
  •  All landings, no matter what and where, results in [CRASH]

The strange thing is, I also have the PMDG B737 package for P3D installed for short hauls. No problem whatsoever and (near) perfect landings.

Also learned by specific searches that many other PMDG B777 users for P3D have similar problems. So my question is; Is this a known bug specificaly with the PMDG 777 for P3D or are there other (known) issues with PMDG and P3D which can be resolved?

I do hope the community will come up with the answer so I can not only fly, but also finaly land the PMDG B777-300ER.

5 hours ago, Memmo said:

Also learned by specific searches that many other PMDG B777 users for P3D have similar problems.

Sources for this?

I'm unaware of anything like what you're reporting.

5 hours ago, Memmo said:

So my question is; Is this a known bug specificaly with the PMDG 777 for P3D or are there other (known) issues with PMDG and P3D which can be resolved?

We're not exactly known for bugs that make general operation of the aircraft - like landing - impossible. This is not a known issue, and it's not very likely a bug.

For the calculated weights, it sounds a lot like you've loaded up in a plane that uses KG, but you've entered your weights in LBS.

Are you using FSUIPC at all?

Kyle Rodgers

Thnxs for your reply.

Sources are numerous in the P3D forums and the regular AVSIM forum.

Calculated weigts are set and loaded in LBS

However Your reply might have solved the problem. When i did a full de-instalation of FSX, it also removed FSUIPC i've noticed just now.

I will install FSUIPC again and see what happens. If so, my bad and sincere apollogies to the community.

2 hours ago, Memmo said:

Sources are numerous in the P3D forums and the regular AVSIM forum.

When making a claim, it's usually best to actually provide the supporting evidence. Burden of proof is always on the accuser, after all...

Plus, often times you'll find that people make sweeping assumptions that their issue is the one mirrored in a particular post, even though it's something else entirely.

As a final note, there are also quite a few posts out there that claim something is a problem when they simply haven't read the Intro Manual (or the FCOMs) to find out that the "problem" is proper behavior. I'm not saying that yours is proper behavior, but I will note that there are a ton of "false positives" out there.

2 hours ago, Memmo said:

However Your reply might have solved the problem. When i did a full de-instalation of FSX, it also removed FSUIPC i've noticed just now.

Usually not the best move, as it usually wastes a ton of time uninstalling and reinstalling. Glad to hear it incidentally fixed it.

In the future, it's best to reach out in our official forums ( forum.pmdg.com ) - one of us would have likely asked you to temporarily relocate the FSUIPC.ini file. Takes 5-10 seconds instead of the multiple hours to uninstall and set your FSX installation back up.

Kyle Rodgers