Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

AI flightplans in version 7.42?

8 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

The solution to the problem we have with AI Live Traffic bgl files is actually extremely simple. There is NO requirement to set the date in the sim to the day before the creation date of the AI Live Traffic bgl files. If you download AI Flight Planner (AIFP) and save the bgl file as a text (txt) file, you will note at the top of the txt file the following:

//FSXDAYS=False

If you change the above to:

//FSXDAYS=True

and compile the bgl fies in AIFP, when enabling VoxATC in the sim, the AI aircraft will appear in the sim: no need whatsoever to change the date in the sim but make sure the UTC time is appropriate for the files created by AI Live Traffic.

I believe that what we are dealing with here is that if the traffic bgl files adhere to FS9 encoding, then Sunday is taken as Day 0, whereas if the bgl files adhere to FSX (or P3D) encoding, Monday is taken as Day 0. Hence, the change above is effectively fooling VoxATC into thinking that the AI Live Traffic bgl files actually apply to a day "earlier" (i.e. Monday changes from Day 1 (FS9) to Day 0 (FSX or P3D) and is consequently a day "earlier"): this negates the requirement to change the date in the sim.

This is a far neater solution than messing around changing the date in the sim which could itself cause issues elsewhere. So, a few minor changes to make in AIFP, but the net result is worth it!

Hope this helps and I do apologise for the long-winded approach to discovering a solution to the problem we have, but in the end very simple indeed! Only a bit of hard-core experimentation can provide the results in the end!

I have found an even neater way of doing the same thing. If you open the bgl file in AI Flight Planner (AIFP) and then select "Adjust Day-Encoding" from the "Flight Plans" tab, enter "1" for FSX->FS9 in the box and compile the bgl file. This has the same effect as the above but alleviates any requirement to physically save the bgl file as a txt file and edit it manually before recompiling. Far neater and less error-prone, I do believe. 

Edited by LecLightning56