With the demise of windows 7 about to happen I am now looking at moving to  windows 10. At the same timeI thought I might upgrade my video card. However, I am not an expert at these things so i'm looking for a bit of advice.  I only want to run FS9 but I have been looking at P3d.

My specs are an Intel i5 4760K CPU at 3.40 GHz 8GB of RAM and a GTX760 Video card. I was toying with idea of a GTX 1070 but I really don't know enough about these things so any advice would be most welcome. I'm not to sure about W10 but I will just have tho bit the bullet and get on with it

Rgds

Steve H

Hi Steve.  Windows 10 is excellent.  I wouldn't expect any problems at all. 

As for your PC, updating from the GTX760 to a GTX1070 will be significant.  Going from 2GB VRAM to 8GB VRAM should provide you with significantly more graphics power and performance.  It will certainly make a difference for you if you move to Prepar3D.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64