Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Night Lighting

Does anyone have any success in getting night lighting to look better, particularly at high altitude?  On a clear night at cruise, I just see black in front of me.  I'd think i'd be able to see some sort of lighting.  Thanks!

I tend to notice at low altitude, the lights pop up close to around my aircraft, and in the distant they are very dim.  Once they pop up, they shimmer and glitter and don’t seem very realistic.  Any tips?  My specs are below and my settings are slightly left of what is on Livecockpits site.  Any help would be appreciated as I tend to fly mostly at night. 

Additionally, anyone have any success in getting rid of the glittery, shimmery runway and taxiway textures that I get with all FSDT at night?  Thanks!

Chassis: CM Storm Scout II Advanced w/ Side Window Black

Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Professional, Intel LGA 1151

Processor: Intel 6th Gen Core i7 6700K (4.6GHz Overclock) Quad Core

CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooling

System Memory: 16GB Kingston DDR4 SDRAM 2400MHz

Graphics Processor: 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, PCI Express 3.0

System Power: 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Are you talking about default scenery or a 3rd party scenery?  I take it a 3rd party as you say lights pop up close to you?  Screenies might help.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

this seems to happen with 3rd party mostly as I haven’t used default in a while.  I don’t have screenshots right now but might be able to get some later.  When getting close to a Chicago as an example,  once the lights populate, they almost appear as though they are mining or flowing in a direction of that makes sense. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive