Sign in to follow this  
Straypuft

FS9 texture problems *pics*

Hello, I have recently ran into problems with my flight sim 2004.in most airports, the ground/grass textures seem stretched, and the buildings textures are messed up a bit, i recently reinstalled, after uninstalling it and removing the old folders that weret deleted with the uninstall.i even tried to update my video drivers from both the nvidia site, and the gateway.com site.the nvidia update forced me to use a desktop resolution of 1024x768, i do not like this, but the textures seemed to have righted itself in game. but the desktop res thing, i didnt like, so i installed the drivers from the gateway site which were older, but let me go back to my higher resolution. but then the in game textures messed up again.my usual solution to problems like this are to just reformat my computer, but this time, i would like to avoid that.i have not installed any scenery since the reinstallhere are some screenshots of whats goin on:flightsim12554367756.jpgaircraft textures messed upflightsim12554367757.jpgbuilding textures dont seem right...flightsim12554367758.jpgthere seems to be lakes going up hills.there was even a lake in the middle of Seattle Tacoma airport.here is my pc setupGateway GT5056Windows XP media centerIntegrated Nvidia 6100 256 shared memory1 gig of ramAMD 62 X2 3800+

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

im attempting to reinstall, is there any way to make sure that all files associated with FS9 are gone?

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

Hello, I have the exact same computer you do and fs2004 did the exact same thing. Textures and every thing went wierd. The good news is i fixed the problem but the bad news is I don't remember exactly how. If you turn off "transform and lighting" in the hardware section of the display properties that seems to temperarly fix it. I seem to have fixed it on my computer now because now i have that setting on and the sim runs as smooth as butter and it never did that wierd thing agian. I messed aroud alot with the NVIDIA display properties alot. Oh, one other thing is i totaly got rid of the mcafee security center and replaced it with the AOL one, mcafee seemed to slow things down a bit. I also did some window xp tweeking found here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...esg_id=25&page= . If none of that works for you I don't know what to tell you, i just got lucky somewhere trying to fix it. Reinstalling the video drivers didn't do anything for me. Once I got it fixed you will be pleased to know that fs2004 ran very smothly, as well as the fsx demo.

the FSX ran almost great when i had the demo installed.I reformated after deleting files i shouldnt have deleted.the same thing happened after reinstalling everything except for addon stuff for fs9.now, i downloaded the latest driver from the Nvidia site, but im being FORCED to use a smaller resolution to get 32 bit color quality, the nvidia driver hates this machine, wouldnt let me have my usual res of 1280x1024, now im on 1024x768, but flight sim looks better now.but my desktop and browser seem so cramped.i dont know who to contact to get this sorted out....

-Raymond W