Sign in to follow this  
Pixels

can you use mce without a mic

I understand most people want to talk but I fly when my family is asleep 

so need stuff when I can remain silent, i downloaded the trial but was then deployed so never got to use it 

any info would be great 

23 hours ago, Pixels said:

I understand most people want to talk but I fly when my family is asleep 

so need stuff when I can remain silent, i downloaded the trial but was then deployed so never got to use it 

any info would be great 

Not really, as MCE was originally built for full voice control from scratch and not a button control app that was later converted to voice by replacing a button press with a voice command.

I believe it's possible to get the flows running without a microphone, and you'd need to do that via the MCE user interface, Voxscript panel.

But you won't be able to request a checklist or give commands directly to FO, never mind talk to all the 3 ATC supported systems (Native, Radar Contact and PF3 ATC) or interact with mechanics and ramp agents.

Edited by FS++