Sign in to follow this  
craig00747

CARENADO TURBO COMMANDER 690B

Hello Gents

I am using the FSX-SE and have purchased the Carenado Turbo Commander 690B. The plane flies very well and I am enjoying it.

I have watched the videos,regarding the X-Plane version of it and noticed that the engines sound at idle position,are correct.

My version of this aircraft,has the engine sound,much higher than the position of the throttle and condition levers at idle position.

Condition levers at FLT IDLE,but the engine sound is at a much higher Rpm.

Is this a bug?

Brand new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and calibrated 100%.

So,in a nut shell,there is no noticeable difference in the engine sounds from start-up,to full throttle. This is very annoying.

On the final approach,I have the throttle position all the way down and also the condition levers at the lowest position. The engine sound is still very high and not at the idle position sound.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Craig

28 minutes ago, craig00747 said:

On the final approach,I have the throttle position all the way down and also the condition levers at the lowest position. The engine sound is still very high and not at the idle position sound.

Why are the condition levers at the lowest position? They should be at high (100%) during the approach.

During climb and cruise they should be between 97-98%, so there's no significant change in sound during flight since it's mainly RPM that's responsible for the noise and not the power setting.   

That said, although the Garrett engines are very fuel efficient, they are extremely noisy on ground and in flight. Same in the sim.

Edited by FDEdev

Hello FDEdev

I have tried the condition levers in the 100% position during the approach. Still sounds as if the props Rpm are a full power.

Definately not the case with the X-Plane version,but I am not sure what engines,their versions have?

The X-plane version has prop sounds,which are almost exactly the same as the real plane`s engines,when compared to idle Rpm of the FSX-SE version.

So my problem is the PROP Rpm sound from idle Rpm to full power.There is no difference.I know,this sounds crazy.

When I start the engines and they are running,the propellers sound as if they are running at full power,but the throttle levers are at idle and the condition levers are at GND idle.

Maybe I just have to live with this scenario?

Regards

Craig

3 minutes ago, craig00747 said:

I have tried the condition levers in the 100% position during the approach. Still sounds as if the props Rpm are a full power.

With the condition levers at 100% the engines & props are operating at their maximum rpm, or 'full power' as you call it, which is correct.  

Edited by FDEdev