Sign in to follow this  
alfredodd

CS L-1011-II P3Dv4 Support

Hi, excuse my english.
I know that MCE has support for CS L-1011 for FSX but CS released the 1011-II version for P3dv4. Does the actual MCE version support it out-of-the-box or will be necessary an update?
TIA

2 hours ago, alfredodd said:

Hi, excuse my english.
I know that MCE has support for CS L-1011 for FSX but CS released the 1011-II version for P3dv4. Does the actual MCE version support it out-of-the-box or will be necessary an update?
TIA

We haven't tested it yet, but we do ship a 64 dll that should handle it in Prepar3D V4

Look in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder for "mccsL11.dll"

Assuming they didn't make massive changes to cockpit switches, it should work.

If required, would eventually make the necessary adjustments

And yes, flight engineer also simulated.

David loves to have flows in "Verbose" mode. Obviously, you can get the crew members to perform their tasks silently, just as well.

<media> 

</media>

:)))  My idea is to reproduce David's flight with P3Dv4 (he's a master with the MCE)

Let's go...., the DLL mscsL11.dll is in the folder <P3D>MCE Dlls but MCE seems not to load it. I suppose because the aircraft name is different to FSX version and the folder in simobject/airplances (CS_L-1011-1 -> P3Dv4 instead CS_L-1011->FSX) is different too.
May be possible to "force" MCE to load the dll? what are MCE searching for to select the dll to load?
TIA

Edited by alfredodd

3 hours ago, alfredodd said:

:)))  My idea is to reproduce David's flight with P3Dv4 (he's a master with the MCE)

Let's go...., the DLL mscsL11.dll is in the folder <P3D>MCE Dlls but MCE seems not to load it. I suppose because the aircraft name is different to FSX version and the folder in simobject/airplances (CS_L-1011-1 -> P3Dv4 instead CS_L-1011->FSX) is different too.
May be possible to "force" MCE to load the dll? what are MCE searching for to select the dll to load?
TIA

Indeed, David is a master, producing mostly educational videos.

You don't have to imitate him though.

Ideally, each MCE user should be able to adjust things to own real world airline SOPs and checklist.

Obviously, if you haven't flown the thing in the real world, at least as F/E, may want to learn from the mater.😛

.Where is the aircraft folder installed to? \My Documents\ or standard P3D \Simobjects\ folder? Provide exact path.

Could you send "aircraft.cfg" folder to see if they changed the name of the aircraft, possibly causing MCE not to recognize it as the fully supported L1011 from Captain Sim.

Edited by FS++

21 minutes ago, alfredodd said:

learn, learn, learn... isn't that what we always do? 😀

The aircraft is installed in [P3D]\Simobjects\Airplanes\CS_L-1011-1

I think that the difference with FSX is the "-1"...

aircraft.cfg is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c92ephnoqx81sht/aircraft.cfg?dl=0

Thanks.

Looking at "aircraft.cfg" It appears they changed ""sim=csl11" (in FSX) to "sim=csy112" (in P3D V4) (Probably a slightly different model).

As a result, MCE would see it as unsupported default aircraft. And instead of interfacing it via "mccsL11.dll", it is using "mcgeneric,dll".

You'd be lucky to have FO control Gear, maybe flaps and radios tuning which is rarely custom, never mind not providing flight engineer.

Will post a new file tomorrow and we'll know for sure.

23 hours ago, alfredodd said:

learn, learn, learn... isn't that what we always do? 😀

The aircraft is installed in [P3D]\Simobjects\Airplanes\CS_L-1011-1

I think that the difference with FSX is the "-1"...

aircraft.cfg is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c92ephnoqx81sht/aircraft.cfg?dl=0

Download this file , unzip and replace files as per folder structure.

Don't forget to replace dll in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder

Report back. Thanks

Edited by FS++

Thanks! Now the DLL is loaded...I will try with David scripts and report back but, now, the real life and work has priority 😉

Thanks! Now the DLL is loaded and my f/e is back...

I will try with David scripts and report back but, now, the real life and work has priority 😉

Edited by alfredodd

Hi, thanks for your effort. 

Everything works as expected....MCE recognizes the aircraft and the scripts works OK.

I will try to do my own scripts following the flight tutorial....time to learn...it's fun!

Thanks a lot.

7 hours ago, alfredodd said:

Hi, thanks for your effort. 

Everything works as expected....MCE recognizes the aircraft and the scripts works OK.

I will try to do my own scripts following the flight tutorial....time to learn...it's fun!

Thanks a lot.

You're welcome.

Thanks for bringing this up in the first place.

Package on website now updated for the little and necessary correction to get the Plane properly recognized under P3D V4.

Glad to hear it works out of the box.

Would appreciate if you could share your experience on the Captain Sim forum to let others know that it's supported in P3D V4, just as it used to be supported under  FSX or P3D V3.

Thank you.

Enjoy triple crew coordination. Agree, it's fun and your voice becomes even more important, since constantly shifting between overhead panel and flight engineer panel isn't really practical 😎