Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

I love tomatoshade BUT....!

I am hoping a resident tomatoshade user in these forums can give me some advice. I recently installed tomatoshade along with the R & D Presets profile and my sim looks terrific. However, it has done something to my PBR aircraft models like Leonardo and Carenado. I did not alter them at all, but it has taken the really nice shine and rich color away from them. I know there are aircraft profiles that can be used and I have used some successfully for my FSLabs and PMDG planes, but what about planes you just want left alone and not altered? Does anyone have any advice for me? I can't find much info at other sites.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I used TomatoShade long before PBR came to the scene, so I can't really compare what it would be like without TS applied, but for me, it certainly looks like it should and how other people's pictures look. One from a flight right after PMDG 747 received PBR treatment.

https://ibb.co/q0Y9h10

I may have stumbled across the answer. When loading the main preset, a menu comes up with various items check marked. One of them is under Lighting and it is Extended Reflection Rendering. If you are using planes that have reflection profiles, this has to be on. If you are using non profile planes that have their own PBR, this has to be off. The main preset has to be re run prior to loading P3D every time you make a change. So be it...

Lee H

6 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I may have stumbled across the answer. When loading the main preset, a menu comes up with various items check marked. One of them is under Lighting and it is Extended Reflection Rendering. If you are using planes that have reflection profiles, this has to be on. If you are using non profile planes that have their own PBR, this has to be off. The main preset has to be re run prior to loading P3D every time you make a change. So be it...

I have Extended Reflection Rendering on and I don't have any issues with PBR aircraft or scenery. Advanced reflections work okay where they are applied and PBR content is not affected by it what so ever.

1 hour ago, Evros said:

I have Extended Reflection Rendering on and I don't have any issues with PBR aircraft or scenery. Advanced reflections work okay where they are applied and PBR content is not affected by it what so ever.

Whoa that's odd. I have to turn it off to see my PBR planes properly and then turn it back on for my planes that use reflective packages. Okay, I'll keep searching.

Lee H

12 hours ago, Evros said:

Okay, I have found that PBR livery planes are okay with the tomatoshade preset. Planes like the Leonardo Maddog of which most liveries are now PBR. They do not need a reflection profile as PBR already supplies that. The non PBR planes like A2A, default and some of the Carenado turboprops are impacted. Turning off the extended reflections helps those planes look normal, otherwise they look gray and washed out. I just have to decide before loading P3D which I am using.

Lee H