Sign in to follow this  
enyap

Switzerland Professional, worth the cost?

Guest davidvoogd

I'm just wondering if anyone who owns Switzerland professional could comment on it, and whether or not they think it is worth the cost. Thanks!

Guest damunn

Hi there,I bought it as soon as it came out. Think of the VFR scenery but a bit better at lower (3000ft) altitudes. No change of seasons (summer only)or autogen though, and I don't think there are night textures. But the mesh and visuals are stunning. Expensive, but I thought it was well worth it.:-)regards,David.

As David says, very good VFR scenery. Allows you to do some wonderful sightseeing if you keep the altitude at a sensible level.You will see an abrupt transition back to default FS textures at national boundaries, where the air photography ran out.Worth it if you want to explore Switzerland in detail.--Bryn

Guest davidvoogd

Is there anything about it that would make it much better than one of the Megasceneries? I have Megascenery PNW and am looking at Northern California - which is only $20 vs $150 and covers nearly the same area it seems.

Guest damunn

Hi there,On paper Megascenery has got Switzerland Professional beat hands down. With different seasons and night textures, and if you go for the full package you get charts as well.But, having got a number of Megasceneries, is still think Switzerland Pro is better. I have been to Switzerland a number of times, and it really seems to capture the beauty of the countryside, the incredible mountain ranges, and the 'Sound of Music' feel to the place.It's a tricky decision!regards,David.

Guest fruitfly

I find the terrain much more interesting than what Megascenery covers.And it offers great fun too, for instance when using F1 c152 solely and finding passes 'on the spot'.P.S. If it's too cloudy, I get blurries, but only than. http://www.americanpatrol.com/_icons/BS_No.gif

Guest denez

90% of the time, i fly over the swiss alps, with Switzerland Pro. IRL, gorgeous landscape, under fs9, the best scenery to my eyes. No autogen, so very smooth, even if the fs9.cfg isn't easy to configure, the installer changes it by default but you have to put some personnal touch. I changed my card from 256 to 512Mb one, with paradox, i know now some blur, but in fact i lost too my old cfg due to new installation. The trees are rendered by relief, dual textures on the scenery, very nice rendering. I asked mailsoft about an update for fsx, it should come. If only 1m/pixel would be available then !

Guest davidvoogd

Thanks for the input. If this was a photoscenery of my home region I'd buy it in a second at the cost. However, I'm still leaning in favour of Megascenery Northern California or Georender's Alaska Cinematic just b/c they are so much cheaper. If anyone has one of those please feel free to post comments!

Megasceneries California is also great stuff, but what I like about Swiss Pro that there so many freeware quality airports available which make it great to fly between those mountains. But Megacenery is also great because of it's two season approach and night lighting. But you have to buy both north (cal) and south (cal) and Flytampa's San Diego and San Francisco (also a lot of nice freeware for the bridges and gates over there) and Cloud9 KLAX...:-loland also Shez made some nice freeware airports (Ontario e.g.) for that area. And I like Richard's Georender stuff but I think he should sticj to his great airports.. Those alaskan photosceneries are nice but oh so empty....:(Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest davidvoogd

Could you expand on oh so empty? My main concern with it is that there would be no airports to fly between with it.

yep no enhanced airports whether free- or payware..There were (are?) ideas of richard to make georender style airports for the alaskan photosceneries but haven't read/heard abut since...Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg