Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Bad FPS p3dv4.5

Hi all!

I just got the new PMDG 737NGXu and love it but only issue is the FPS. I turned down my settings to the level that I keep my fslabs at and the aircraft is still worse than fslabs!!! My PC spec are I7-6700 3.40GHz 16.0GB RAM and I’ve got a GeForce GTX 1070. My frames in the new 737 average 16-22 at flightbeam KPHX and 27-31 in cruise. With PMDG 747 max I get is 37 at cruise. Please help!!!

@pilot10112

Hello

Try to block the fps at 30 using the program called Rivatuner that comes next to the MSI afterburner, so you can monitor your PC and check how your PC behaves with the new 737.

You can also block your fps using the nvidia inspector.

Don't forget to keep your gpu drivers updated

And finally after blocking your fps make a test flight with all the adjustments to the minimum and also deactivate all your payment scenarios, that is, use only the default scenario, if you get a nice amount of fps go up the settings a little little to achieve a balance between performance and graphic quality.

regards

PS: Remember, AI traffic, water effects, shadows, HDR, high definition terrain textures consume too much performance.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

On 11/11/2019 at 1:15 PM, E69_Brisafresca said:

@pilot10112

Hello

Try to block the fps at 30 using the program called Rivatuner that comes next to the MSI afterburner, so you can monitor your PC and check how your PC behaves with the new 737.

You can also block your fps using the nvidia inspector.

Don't forget to keep your gpu drivers updated

And finally after blocking your fps make a test flight with all the adjustments to the minimum and also deactivate all your payment scenarios, that is, use only the default scenario, if you get a nice amount of fps go up the settings a little little to achieve a balance between performance and graphic quality.

regards

PS: Remember, AI traffic, water effects, shadows, HDR, high definition terrain textures consume too much performance.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

I don't know if it's true or not but i heard RivaTuner/MSI AB can sometimes cause games to crash due to interference.

You do NOT want to lock your FPS in P3D V4. use unlimited and adjust your scenery settings/shadows to gain the FPS you want. Lockheed made a change in V5 and you can lock frames but it has issues in V4.

If you are set on locking frames use nvidia control panel to do so. Not in game.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+