Sign in to follow this  
monnie

Is there a way...?

Guest drmweaver2

Okay, this might be "more appropriate" for the militaryai.com guys, but it's really a general AI traffic routing question. So, here goes...Is there a way to route a plane to a distant point and then have it turn around without landing? For instance, an SR-71 takes off from Kadena AFB, Okinawa flies a pattern to "points unknown" by those on the ground and then returns to Okinawa without landing elsewhere a couple hours later? Obviously, I'm trying to simulate just that! (And for the "purists", I realize that I'd be ignoring the fact that the Habu would refuel within 30 minutes of taking off 90% of the time.. but I can live with that.) :(I was stationed there and I used to sit on "Habu Hill" and watch the big black dude roar off to God-knows-where. Impressive climb out! especially at dawn/dusk! As far as civilian plane routing goes, this could be equivalent to a private pilot conducting a cross-country sightseeing tour (of the Everglades, the Louisiana Bayous, etc.) with the same point of origin and end.As always, all responses greatly appreciated.

Hi John,If I understand your question right, you want to see it take off and see it come back and land and park. If that is your question, then the answer is "yes". You can do that by creating a flight plan that sends it away and has it come back whenever you like and as often as you like.Now if you want to follow it and make sure it doesn't land you have options. Better be able to keep up or but the payware version to keep up. and hope they don't jam your radar, or go in to avoidance mode. You wouldn't know if it landed anyway. all missions were secret.:-)Then, you could always guarantee that it doesn't land by sending it around the world with instructions not to land til it got back. That way you could follow it and be sure it wasn't going to cheat you. Again...better be able to keep up.Seriously what you ask is possible using a flight plan which tells it what to do. If you don't have the skill to create a plan yourself, there are numerous people here who will gladly create one for you. I can't yet. I'm "Flight planning" challenged.By the way. I mentioned that the missions were suppose to be secret. DId you ever notice how many people would always be outside the fences parked along the side of the roads, cameras in hand, waiting....BEFORE IT CAME OUT OF THE HANGER!!!!!:-)Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)