Sign in to follow this  
Guest garwig2

Own aircraft and gate assignments in FSX

Is MS going to have where your gate assignment after landing is determind by the airline code. If your flying a UAL will you be sent to a UAL gate, or is it only for ai as in fs2x4.

John K

I keep meaning to test this....I think it's item 113,237,342 on the list.Anybody else?Of course a concern is that we can put an FS2004 AFCAD with gate parking assignments into the FSX beta or demo - but we won't REALLY KNOW the answer until we have a way to modify FSX default airport information.

Guest archtx

Actually it can work in FS9. From the SDK:"The largest parking space of each type (ramp, cargo, gate, etc.) is always reserved for the user aircraft and the rest may be allocated to AI traffic."So if you want YOUR aircraft to park in a specific spot I think you just make that spot larger. I have also found that it will usually send the USER plane to an un-named spot before one with a parking code. I did a little adventure once involving 3 Spartans...two were AI and the other the User aircraft. I assigned 3 parking spaces at each airport enroute with a parking code for the Spartans and inserted it into the Spartan cfg file also. Not sure why, but the AI Spartans always ended up in the same two spots and they always sent the USER Spartan to the same spot. I never questioned why, but possibly the numbering of the spots had something to do with the selection criteria.

Guest garwig2

>Actually it can work in FS9. >>From the SDK:>"The largest parking space of each type (ramp, cargo, gate,>etc.) is always reserved for the user aircraft and the rest>may be allocated to AI traffic."I believe the quote above was refering to the way MS's version of the "traffic tools" utility determines how many aircraft can be at the airport at one time (since they won't let you overload the airport). So if you have two Heavy gates only one Heavy aircraft will be allowed to be scheduled since the other Heavy gate is reserved for you.